Originally, the August-Holländer-Museum of the town of Emsdetten was the stable building of Hof Deitmar. The last big alteration on Hof Deitmar dated 1913, when the old house was rebuilt to a representative dwelling building by the owners. At this time, the old buildings and stables were demolished and a new stable building was erected. This new building had two entrances, one to the corn-loft and the other to the Mühlenstrasse. The interior consisted of a large barn-floor, to the left and right were the cows and horses, and originally, a pigsty was attached to the outer wall. In 1956, the municipality of Emsdetten purchased the complete farm site. In 1963, the museum with the former collection of items referring to the home town, moved from the former main house to the ground floor of the stable building, which had been altered to take up this collection. In 1989, the complete building was re-erected. maintaining the former outer walls and the roof of the building, and the museum was changed to a textile museum.
Stadt Emsdetten (Hrsg.): August-Holländer-Museum. Vom agrarisch-handwerklich geprägten Dorf der Weber zur
Industriestadt. Museumsführer, Emsdetten 1994, S .4-26
Gruß aus Emsdetten, Hrsg. Heimatbund Emsdetten. Emsdetten 2013, S. 279-297 und S. 303-305
Willi Colmer, Emsdetten. Ortsgeschichte vom Mittelalter bis zum 20. Jahrhundert. Emsdetten 2003, S. 284-341
Emsdettener Heimatblätter, Bd. III, 1948-1994, S. 409f., „Zur Neugestaltung des August-Holländer-Museums“
Fotosammlung Heimatbund Emsdetten
Farbfotos von Thomas M.Weber